Biggest announcements from Facebook Connect 2020
Here at XR Terra, we were really looking forward to the Facebook Connect 2020, and we were not disappointed! Facebook announced a number of products and initiatives that are going to shake up the VR consumer market. These give our AR VR developer and AR VR visual design students bigger and better options for creating XR applications for enterprise and the masses.
To be fair, we probably missed a few cool things during the live session, but here is what really stood out to us:
1. Facebook is jumping into the AR Glasses Game with Project ARIA
- Prototypes will be experimented with by Facebook’s research team right away to explore ethical and technical questions around AR Glasses
- May be available to the public as soon as next year
- Are designed to help you focus on sound, (i.e., having a conversation with someone in a loud room)
- You can read more in depth about these here at Engadget