Start working with our enrollment team to find the best path forward.
Please send me information about the XR Foundations: Designer program when it becomes available.
XR Foundations Academy prepares students with skills to begin creating meaningful VR and AR experiences for themselves and their communities. This immersive course teaches the core concepts of AR development and is a hands-on, scalable solution for high school students to gain real experience in VR/AR development and design.
Upon completion of the course, students will have created a working AR experience that they can share with friends and family and will have developed a foundation for further study in XR development.
This course consists of 25 hours of live instruction. It can be taught on-site or online, over consecutive days, or spread over a longer period. Each session serves up to 30 students. Contact us if you are interested in bringing this curriculum to your classrooms!
XR Foundations Academy is approved to offer one-half credit as an Open Elective in Computer Science in New Hampshire via the Learn Everywhere program.
At the end of the program, students will:
Are you a teacher interested in learning about using VR/AR in the classroom? Check out the XR Foundations for Educators course provided at no cost to teachers in the US!
• Overview of XR, the Metaverse, and Careers
• Intro to Unity and Object Oriented Programming
• AR Image and Face Tracking in Unity with Zappar
• Designing and Creating Image Targets
• Navigating within a 3D Engine
• Creating, Finding, and Importing Digital Assets
• Textures, Materials, Lighting, and Reflections
• User Interface and Tap Interactions
• Audio for Feedback and Ambience
• Creating and Triggering Animations and Visual Effects
• Recording Demo Videos and Presenting AR Prototypes
PC | Windows 10, CPU Intel Core i5 sixth generation
Mac | macOS High Sierra, CPU Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Does your district use Chromebooks? Contact us about a new course recently developed for you!